New Normal PBL Summer Academy 2018
New Normal PBL Summer Academy
Sponsored by the Delaware Mathematics Coalition
New Normal Problem-Based Learning Summer Academy
The New Normal Summer Academy is designed to support the content and pedagogical skills of teams of problem-based learning enthusiasts. If you are committed to promoting a more active, learner-centered classroom in which rich low-threshold high ceiling problem-based tasks and high leverage instructional routines are used to promote mathematical reasoning and increase students’ capacity to persevere and engage in mathematical argumentation, this 3-day professional learning experience is for you!
Save the Date
Deadline: July 19, 2018
DMC Members: $400
Academy Dates & Location
July 25-27, 2018
8:30AM – 3:30PM
Virden Center: Lewes, DE
Creating strong PBL environments with an eye towards equitable teaching
- Engage in a progression of purposefully sequenced problem-based learning experiences designed to deepen participants’ understanding of traditionally misunderstood secondary mathematics topics
- Consciously study, design, and rehearse routines that promote active listening, mathematical reasoning, and making conceptual connections
- Utilize instructional supports that promote rough draft talk and students’ acquisition of and precision in the use of mathematical language
- Analyze classroom video with an explicit focus on creating strong mathematical learning environments that feature equitable practices.
- Build sustainable relationships that promote ongoing collaborations focused on empowering learners (students and teachers) of mathematics.