[September 2018] General Member Meeting + Social Event Recap
Sussex County STEM Alliance
General Membership Meeting
September 27, 2018 @ 3:30pm
Our vision is for “Sussex County Delaware to be among the national leaders in STEM awareness, advocacy and advancement.”
Location: DTCC Owens Campus
Meeting Room A, Room 997
Student Services Building
- Call to Order
- Chairman’s Opening Remarks
- Introduction to the Sussex County STEM Alliance, Inc. Board of Directors
- Introductions – Members
- Comments – Sen. Brian Pettyjohn
- Guest Speakers
- Delaware Department of Education, Secretary Susan Bunting
- DFSME, Executive Director, Dr. Randy Guschl
- Committee Updates
- Social/Membership Committee (See Report)
- Tours (Mr. Perkinson)
- Education/Events (Dr. Riser & Mr. Maksymow)
- FEB – Engineering Your Tomorrow
- MAY – DigiGirlz
- TBD – GenCyber
- Communications (Ms. Boyer)
- New Business
- Comments and Announcements
- Call for Volunteers!
- Sponsorship Development Work Group – We need operating capital to sustain SCSA and our community activities. So far we’ve survived financially on some grant money and the generosity of monetary and in-kind donations from a couple of members. We’re looking for members to help us brainstorm and develop a great Sponsorship Program.
- New Membership Committee – Do you enjoy talking to others about STEM? Do you have a vision for “Sussex County Delaware to be among the national leaders in STEM awareness, advocacy and advancement”? Then join the Membership Committee and help us achieve this vision by recruiting others who share your passion to join SCSA. If you’re interested in leadership, we’re looking for a Chair and a Co-Chair for this committee!!!
- Join the Board! – We’re looking for a Board Secretary. The basic responsibilities include planning and informing members of meetings and other important dates, taking minutes at meetings, and maintaining documentation associated with the board. The secretary also keeps membership rolls updated and reviews and stores pertinent organizational documents. If you’re interested, please send us an email to email@example.com!
- Communications Committee– Help us share the vision of SCSA throughout Sussex County, Delaware by joining our Communications Committee. We’re actively seeking volunteers to assist with the following roles:
- Event Coordinators – Content Writers – Webmasters – Photographers – Statistical Researchers – Videographers
Next meeting date – TBD.