Become a Volunteer
As you know, SCSA is a voluntary organization and voluntary organizations only thrive with an active membership. Thank you to the many who continuously volunteer, attend meetings and participate in our activities. We need more volunteers!
We are looking for the following volunteers:
- Sponsorship Development Work Group
- We are in need of operating capital to sustain SCSA and its community activities. Although we have been successful thus far through grants and the generosity of monetary and in-kind donations from alliance members, we’re looking for members to help us brainstorm and develop a great Sponsorship Program.
- New Membership Committee
- Do you enjoy talking to others about STEM? Do you have a vision for “Sussex County Delaware to be among the national leaders in STEM awareness, advocacy and advancement”? Then join the Membership Committee and help us achieve this vision by recruiting others who share your passion to join SCSA. If you’re interested in leadership, we’re looking for a Chair and a Co-Chair for this committee!
- Join the Board – We’re looking for a Board Secretary
- The basic responsibilities include planning and informing members of meetings and other important dates, taking minutes at meetings, and maintaining documentation associated with the board. The secretary also keeps membership rolls updated and reviews and stores pertinent organizational documents.